2 Day Course
Why take this course
Also called Problem-based learning or Goal-based scenarios, job-specific guided discovery learning environments are the biggest change in instructional design in the last 20 years!
Re-energize your training with lessons that replace traditional "show and do" courseware with job-specific problem-centered designs proven to accelerate expertise. Bring your own content and leave with a lesson design.
You will learn how to
- Identify the key features of scenario-based learning
- Identify the psychological and motivational benefits of scenario-based learning
- Apply research on the effectiveness of scenario-based learning
- Determine which lesson features you will need for your goals and audience
- Apply a design model to plan your own problem-based lesson
- Create storyboards for a digital scenario-based lesson for self-study or classroom use
- Add features proven to build critical and creative thinking skills
- Practice cognitive task analysis
- Identify authoring systems for building digital scenario-based learning
Who should attend
- Training developers who want to update their lesson design skills
- Instructional designers charged with training far-transfer job tasks
- Anyone assigned to develop creative or critical thinking skills in their workforce
- Completion of PDET or PDEE class and/or hands-on experience with:
- Instructional Systems Design process
- Job and task analysis
- Writing course outlines
- Course development
- Writing learning objectives
What to bring
You can work on your own content during this class. Bring reference materials on any tasks that require problem solving or critical thinking skills such as troubleshooting, diagnosis, sales, etc.
Pricing: $14,950 for up to 16 participants * For public sessions check with ASTD Essentials Series
Call to discuss your team's requirements and pricing
100% satisfaction guaranteed
In a hurry to get your custom training program developed?
Check out our new customized seminars